Our Drone Services
In August of 2016 the new rules FAA for Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS, also known as drones) became effective. While there are many aspects to the rules, the major change is that you no longer need to be a manned aircraft pilot to be a commercial drone operator. Prior to these new rules you needed FAA approval of specific manned aircraft regulations, as well as a manned aircraft pilots license to be a commercial drone operator and/or business. As a holder of an FAA private pilots license for manned aircraft Drone Chatr applied for FAA approval in June of this year. Shortly there after the FAA proposed the rules that became effective in August of 2016. In lieu of the manned pilots license the FAA now asks that you successfully pass a remote pilot in command certification examination. On the first day possible (August 29, 2016) Drone Chatr successfully passed the exam. As a result we entered commercial operation.
We are open for business and ready to serve you. How may we help you? Do you have real estate you’d like to show from above. How about a special event that you’d like to record, i.e. a wedding, a special gathering or celebration? Could you see some drone use in your business? Contact us and we’ll get together to discuss how Drone Chatr might be able to help you. In the meantime we’ll continue to show you our capabilities in a variety of areas through our blog. If you have a specific drone project that you’d like us to quote, just let us know.
At this time Drone Chatr operates a DJI Phantom 4 drone. Here are some of its capabilities:
- Quality Video and Images – 4K at 30fps and Full HD 1080p at 120fps for slow motion
- Precision Hovering – using satellites (connects to as many as 24) and/or vision positioning systems
- Tap to Fly – tap to take off, tap to fly to a position and tap to return or land
- Visual Tracking – it follows your subject as it moves
- Point of Interest – get awesome 360 degree video of a subject as it flies around it at various elevations
- Waypoints – set numerous GPS points and let it fly while we manage the camera shot
- Sport Mode – capable of 45 mph
- Extended Flight Time – 28 minutes
- Extended Flight Range – 3.1 miles
- Weight – 3 pounds
- More Information –
- Purchase Information –